The GTI Bi-Fuel System from Altronic offers an affordable and efficient means of operating industrial diesel engines utilizing both diesel and natural gas (or other available gas) as fuel sources. This innovative, patented system, which requires no modification to the internal components of the engine, allows for operation on natural gas up to a maximum of 70%* of the fuel required to maintain the desired speed and load. Reduced fuel costs and extended runtime are just a few of the benefits of Bi-Fuel operation.
*Subject to gas quality and other application conditions
* Average diesel displacement is 55-60%
The GTI Bi-Fuel System operates by blending both diesel fuel and natural gas in the combustion chamber. This is achieved using a fumigated gas-charge design, whereby natural gas is pre-mixed with engine intake-air and delivered to the combustion chamber via the air-intake valve. The air-gas mixture is ignited when the diesel injector sprays a reduced quantity of diesel fuel into the chamber.
This diesel "pilot" acts as the ignition source for the primary air-gas combustible mixture. Because the Bi-Fuel System utilizes the OEM air-intake and diesel injection systems, no internal engine modifications are required for installation.
- Converts industrial diesel engines to Bi-Fuel operation by substituting up to 70% natural gas for diesel fuel
- Save on operating fuel costs by using natural gas with return to 100% diesel operation at any time
- Allows the use of available or interruptible gas supplies
- No modification to internal engine components is required
- Cleaner burning natural gas reduces exhaust emissions
- Reduces requirements for on-site fuel storage
- Unique, patented design ensures no loss of power or efficiency
Visit the Altronic GTI Bi-Fuel website for full details of their product range and contact Souer for ordering and product advice.